Sunday, June 30, 2013

Bits and Pieces

Yet again I've been a bad blogger! 
Well the baby blankets I mentioned in my last post back in April were finished and posted off to their recipients. The first baby girl arrived about 7 weeks ago, and the 2nd is due to make an appearance any day now! 

I've been doing lots of other things in the meantime, one of which is getting my craft room sorted out properly! It's not a big room, but it's cosy and I have an old comfy chair in there which belonged to my uncle. It is an armchair, but it's on a rocker, so it's perfect for a craft room! 
Yesterday when I was having a 'sort through and throw out' day, I came across the very first blanket I ever started! I was planning to just keep going until I ran out of yarn, but in the end I must admit I got bored with it and moved on to other projects! I didn't throw it out though, and yesterday I decided to finish off the round I had been working on. I gave it a quick wash and tumble dry and now it brightens up my craft room chair! 

Those two cushions on the chair, i plan to crochet some bright covers for them :-) 

Also, I am still plodding on with my ripple blanket that I started on New Years Eve! It's slow going because I don't work on it all the time, but I absolutely love it! Here it is folded up on top of my project bag, waiting for me to start the next row! 

It really is a lovely blanket to be working on, especially as its Stylecraft Special DK! (My favourite yarn!) 

I've been doing a few other things too - had a couple of craft markets in the local area, and I have 2 markets over the August bank holiday weekend - one on the Sunday and one on the Monday! 

I'd better go now, busy Sunday ahead for me! I still keep up to date with reading the blogs I follow on a daily basis, so I haven't disappeared altogether! 

Louisa xx

1 comment:

  1. Those blankets look great! Thanks for your recent comments and the Tyneside suggestion - we're not fans of shopping really and Tyneside is a way south from us I think and we won't be in the area, but the shopping centre / shops you mention do sound interesting and I think we'd actually enjoy a look around there so I will be sure to remember it for another time. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete