Sunday, October 10, 2010

First Post!

Hello! First post on this blog! I have been inspired to start my own blog after reading so many amazing blogs out there in the land of tinterwebs. My favourites are listed on the right there ---> 
I thought today would be a good day to start, as it has been exactly 1 year to the day since I started to teach myself how to crochet!
I will never have a blog as fabulous and interesting as some of those, but what the hey?! This is my little corner of the internet, and I'm going to do my best to make it warm and welcoming and very much 'me' :-)  

The first picture I would like to post is my 'long-running' project - my giant granny square blanket. It's not really giant at the moment, but i'm hoping with a lot of patience and more yarn, it will be HUGE! 
I'm using mainly Stylecraft Special DK (it's my favourite!) but there are a couple of colours that are Bonus DK and Woolcraft New Fashion DK. Future projects will all be Stylecraft (simply because its the best 100% Acrylic, budget yarn there is! Plus they have a fantastic colour range, and I love the names they give to each of the colours!)
Ok, so here it is - the giant granny!

I love this picture - I took it with my iPhone last weekend, and I love how the colours have turned out! I'm a little bit further on with it now, I have just started a dark purple round. 

Ok, well thats enough from me!
Louisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment