Wednesday, October 20, 2010

My other hobby...

On Monday, I told you that I would give you a peek at my other crafty hobby.... well here it is - Hama beads!
Not just any Hama beads though - I use the mini ones, that are 1/4 of the size of the midi beads (which are the common ones in the UK) The mini ones are only available through one website - luckily its an excellent website!

I make jewellery with these beads, and I have a website and etsy shop to sell the jewellery. I mainly make video game characters (such as Super Mario, Sonic the Hedgehog etc... but as you can see in the photo, I do make other things too!
All you do, is use the beads to create the design on a special pegboard, then you cover the design (carefully!) with special ironing paper and gently iron over the top until the beads are fused together. Then you peel the design from the pegboard, and do the same to the other side.
Its very relaxing, and a lot of fun :-)

Louisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment