Thursday, October 21, 2010

Things I Love Thursday....

Hello! Time for another Things I Love Thursday.... this week we have:

1) Drums.
To be more specific, my boyfriends drum kit (well one of them!) This is it all set up for a gig he was playing at the weekend - its the smaller of his drum kits, but its my favourite because its all silver and glittery and sparkly :-)
Isn't it beautiful? He gave me permission to post this photo, so massive thankyou to him! (he reads this blog too - *waves*)

2) Doris Day.
Doris has been my idol since I was a little girl watching Calamity Jane over and over again! I just love her sense of style and her wardrobe and her voice - she's great! I have a degree in Film and Media Studies, so it was only natural that when the time came to write my dissertation, that it would be about her!
I emailed her once, and I recieved a lovely letter and a signed photograph, which is framed and on my wall :-)
My favourite films are the ones she did with Rock Hudson :-)

3) Live music.
I love live music - especially rock and metal - there's nothing like the atmosphere at a gig! I have been to more gigs than I care to remember, and I have been to at least one festival every year since I was 16 (I actually went to 3 this year!) Me and my other half travel all over the country to see bands - we're actually off to Manchester in a couple of weeks, and we were in London last month for Ozzfest! Here is a photo from the last band I saw live - Alter Bridge at Newcastle Academy last Sunday - it was great!

Well thats it for this weeks Things I Love Thursday - I hope some of you start doing this too, then I can read what you love! (apart from crocheting of course!)

Louisa x

No comments:

Post a Comment